By using our website you agree that we can place cookies on your device. More information including how to disable cookies is available in our Cookie Statement

Methodology

The evidence of the impact of our microfinance activity is drawn from Triodos Investment Management’s Emerging Markets Sustainability Management System. This information is based on detailed quarterly reports by the microfinance institutions and banks in the portfolio, annual reviews, and on-site visits.

We include 100% of the impact when we co-finance a project. If it is not possible to record 100% of the data required, we estimate the number of individuals based on credit proposals or measure at least 80% of the projects in the portfolio, create a conservative average for the number of individuals and calculate the figure for the remaining 20% if applicable.